Managing a head lice case must include the examination of all household members and other close contacts exposed to head lice and then treatment of all those who are infested.
As children are taught to avoid close contact and avoid sharing clothing and hair items, their risk of infestation is lessened. Educating consumers on the most effective ways to reduce the chances of lice recurrence is also effective at reducing the actual spread of head lice.
The following are the principal reasons a head lice infestation is not completely eliminated (lice recurrence):
- Inappropriate treatment – product used was not 100% effective on nits and lice
- Resistance to pediculicide – solution used contains pesticides which studies have shown that lice have built immunity to
- Non-compliance – instructions on treatment were not followed properly. (In most cases, either an insufficient amount of product was used, or that the duration the product was left on the hair was insufficient)
- The product used does not actually kill the nits (Non-ovicidal). Failure to kill all the nits will result in lice recurrence as the surviving nits will hatch and begin laying new eggs within 12-24 hours
- Sharing of clothing, bedding and towels used by a person infested with lice
- Failure to treat close contacts. Re-infestation or lice recurrence may happen if all affected people are not treated
Correct assessment and the proper course of action to manage head lice infestations is essential in treating pediculosis. Close contact with infected people will likely lead to infestation. Using the right product and following instructions to remove nits and lice will greatly support eliminating head lice.
Re-infestation or lice recurrence is most often the result of the incomplete removal of nits from the hair. LicemosisTM Anti-Lice Gel System helps children and their families end pediculosis infestation. Our scientifically formulated gel dissolves the glue which holds nits tightly to the hair - without the use of toxic chemicals or pesticides. This allows for the safe removal of all nits and lice.
LicemosisTM Anti Lice Treatment Gel safely eliminates both nits and lice in one 30 minute treatment, allowing your child to return to school nit and lice free the next day. OsmoBlissTM Shampoo will allow users to eliminate the risk of re-infestation as it continues to eliminate nits, their glue and lice from the hair.